Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Middle of the Week

Well, it's Wednesday, so we're about 1 week ago tomorrow where I caved in at the idea of a coworker buying me cake which lead to a food-craved weekend. It's so crazy when I think about the reality of how that derailed me. I was rather contemplative about that incident while in the shower this morning, but then I also noticed how calm I felt as I prepared my breakfast. Usually I'm rushing through it as though I'm short on time, when that is rarely the case. Then I started to think of how often I rush through things to get things done on time, but I'm always early to everything, so I have no reason to rush. Then I made the connection to maybe I was using the excuse to rush as an excuse for speeding through things....or maybe this is just too deep for so early in the morning. ;)
So now on to the accountability portion of today's update: I am still debating on whether or not to post calories and workouts on here, but if I do, I want those to be separate from the text part of my updates, either along the side or something. I will have to figure that part out.
Pkin yesterday was rather dismal in terms of activity, but I went out to the mall last night which helped me with my restless feeling and managed to get some activity in from the walking, as well as some reading done while on the short subway/bus ride there and back. Pretty cool considering had I stayed home, I would have likely just wasted time on the internet and not done any reading. I'm pretty happy with my choice actually. I went to Indigo and flipped through a few books: mainly Monica Seles' book and some vegan cookbooks. I read a review of her book from another blogger It's My Life and the part where Monica struggles with binge eating really spoke to me. The comments she made about slowing down while eating, and reminding herself that this is not the last time in the world she was going to eat pizza...that just made alarms ring out in my head!! So that has been at the back of my mind for a few days now, and helped me calm down. Also, I am missing not having my trainer. I had one for 2 years, and I still miss the consistency of having someone to meet up with, and push me through those last few reps, or get me doing more upper body work when I don't feel like balancing it out and want to stick to legs...that was my rant for this morning. I miss it, and that's all. I have a busy day ahead of me, but tonight should be fun. Angela Davis is speaking at the University tonight, she has an incredible history. Formerly a Black Panther, vocal civil rights activist, and former Communist party member, she is a retired professor with the History of Consciousness Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz. (borrowed some of that from Wikipedia). But should be interesting, I'm going to meet up with a girl I met from my Islamic Traditions class and check it out. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry you had a crazy weekend food-wise. weekends are the hardest for me, it's way too easy to get derailed and treat your eating differently than you do during the week when you have more structure. such a challenge! it's great that you felt calm while preparing your breakfast the other day, what you wrote reminds me of the concept of mindful eating. i've found it to be really helpful to think along those lines in order to avoid binging.